Re: Edge 1 Networks/Williams Communications Group

  • From: Booth, Michael (ENG)
  • Date: Mon Aug 04 23:23:58 2003

> After several run-ins with Edge 1 Networks [69.44.28.0/22] having their
> machines "hijack" victim machines on our networks infected with Jeem,
> and then making their spam runs, I've had it.  I have reported both to
> Edge 1 and their parent Williams Communications Group [AS7911] with no
> result and I will be blocking Edge 1 [in theory, AS29986, but no doubt
> private spewage from WCG.NET).

I smell a rat.  I have a funny feeling Edge1 is a front for
pro-spammer Nick Geyer.

Look at their whois:

      Edge1 Networks
      Hostmaster Edge1
      25 Broadway - 5th Floor
      New York, NY 10004
      US
      Phone: 212-248-1121
      Fax..: 212-248-0929

But if you call Verizon, they'll tell you these lines terminate
on the sixth floor of 25 Broadway, an address I remember all
too well from the VMX Networks hijackings.

If you want the abuse to stop, call Nick at work (212-685-2009)
or on his cellular phone (503-851-1963) and tell him to knock it off.

If Nick is busy or at a meeting, as is often the case
ask to speak to his boss, Paul Hodara, and see if he can track
him down.

The Williams NOC could care less, if you want to get anywhere,
try contacting Blake Williams ([email protected]) or
Michael Winslow ([email protected]), who are capable of
taking action, including ultimately denying service to Edge1
for AUP violations.