RE: AS announcement question (easy)

  • From: H. Michael Smith, Jr.
  • Date: Mon Aug 04 14:30:57 2003

If the old provider is advertising the prefix based on your
advertisement to them (you're running BGP), then their advertisement
should cease shortly after your link to them goes down.  Likewise, the
new provider would only propagate the advertisement after you advertise
it to them.

Michael

H. Michael Smith, Jr.
Network Services and Security Manager