Re: WANTED: ISPs with DDoS defense solutions

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Fri Aug 01 01:57:08 2003

> There's nothing wrong with low level languages, and with the proper
> libraries, they gain some of the advantages of high level languages.
> Personally, it'll be a long time before I'm convinced that I want my
> routers running Java.  (Like how I brought that almost back on topic
> in the end, there?)

However, I would like to see Java or Other Language to run on the routers,
(I know you can install and play Quake on one vendor�s boxes) but I mean
to do things really belonging to the router but so far I have yet to see a vendor
to take programmable boxen (outside their own development) seriously.

Maybe it�s just too hard.

Pete