Re: Transformer takes out datacenter (Reno, NV)?

  • From: Bruce Robertson
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 13:54:48 2003

Actually, most of the data center was working just fine.  Advanced Telcom
Group was up and running (probably on battery), and MCI/Worldcom stayed
up as well.  We have a T3 going through that building to Worldcom, and it
stayed up all night.  A couple of the smaller ISPs were off the air all
night, though.

Power was indeed off to the entire building, and ATGs generator was involved
in the explosion, so kudos to ATG and Worldcom for having enough batteries
to last the night.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-775-348-9412