Re: North America not interested in IP V6

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 13:10:43 2003

So far I have yet to see a mobile network implementing IPv6, though
I havenīt looked closely to the japanese ones. Despite all the hype,
most mobile vendors donīt even have shipping wares that would
do ipv6 in the first place. The usual implementations are ipv4 with
"huge" NAT boxes, quite like many DSL and Cable networks were
(and still are) until ISPīs started to come into their senses and move
to dynamic public ip addresses.

Some ipv6 enabled GSM handsets do exist.

The mobile ip address demand is not going to be too great when
a megabyte in most countries costs $10 to $20 to move around.

Pete