Re: Hollywood plot: Attack critical infrastructure while Presidentis in town

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 21:10:05 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

> But the President's movements creates its own vulnerabilities for the rest
> of the critical infrastructures nearby. If you know the President will be
> in the area (the FAA posts advance notice to airman)...

First of all it creates vulnerabilities for the President in the first
place.  If bad guys know that the President will be in the area (i.e. by
receiving advance notice from FAA) they can mount an effective ambush.

I think this is more about display of power and about overzealous
ass-licking in the security bureaucracy than about security.  Reminds me
good old Soviet days where daily trips of members of Politbureau were a
major nuisance for those unlucky to live along the most frequent routes.

--vadi