Re: User negligence?

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 06:14:53 2003

ken emery wrote:
> I'm not sure what needs to be done, but the security as now
> implemented
> is not even close to enough IMHO.  Networkwise (to bring this back on
> topic) I'm not sure there is really much that can be done.

Don't forget the desperate need for user *and* staff education. I have now
multiple time got calls from my bank asking to discuss my account. Could I
just verify my details ? they asked. Er, you first, I said. They didn't get
it. They didn't understand why, as someone who is lightly paranoid and
understand more about security than they do, I was concerned that they
couldn't prove they were from the bank...

Peter