Re: Carriers using CES in the wild?

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Thu Jul 24 23:26:28 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 09:50:30PM -0400, Dave Temkin wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any carriers that are using CES as a transport method
> as private line and aren't necessarily selling it as such?  (ie, I've
> ordered a DS-3 from point A to point B, and instead of the carrier
> dropping it as standard TDM it's CES through their network...)

	What you are speaking of is most likely what juniper
calls CCC.  L2 transport over their network.  Not too dificult to set up
but as usual the complications come in the realm of redundancy and
network reconvergence.

	I'd pay close attention to the SLA offered, but it
is probally similar to what is seen in a TDM network if they
employ mpls fast reroute .. and if you're doing IP
over this circuit, you will probally be less likely to notice any
problems.

	- Jared