Re: Cisco vulnerability and dangerous filtering techniques

  • From: Jason Frisvold
  • Date: Tue Jul 22 13:56:22 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 09:54, [email protected] wrote:
> I'm going to go out on a limb and say that at least 30% of Ciscos are installed
> in places that would, if hit with this, have NO CLUE why their router needs to be
> power cycled every 30 mins.....

Not only the "clueless", but how about those of us who deploy older
routers sometime in the future with legitimate uses?  What happens when
we "forget" that this bug exists?  Now we have to go through the process
of adding a "don't forget the IPV4 Cisco Bug" clause to our procedures..

--
Jason H. Frisvold