Re: Working vulnerability? (Cisco exploit)

  • From: Steve Francis
  • Date: Sat Jul 19 11:12:53 2003

Paul Vixie wrote:

I'd estimate than less
than a tenth of a percent (that's 0.1%) of edge paths use RPF, even
though BCP38 states the case clearly and the technology makes it easy

"Makes it easy" if you live in an Internet with a number of routes significantly less than the limit imposed for having stable RPF enabled on your devices, or have devices without bugs in RPF checking when said limit is spotted vaguely across the horizon.

I dont seem to be in either of those places. (Although I have not sacrificed a router in the last upgrade version or two to see if things have improved.)