Re: Patching for Cisco vulnerability

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Jul 18 15:13:04 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:29:30 MDT, Irwin Lazar <[email protected]>  said:

> I'm trying here to gauge the length of time before this vulnerability is closed out.

The core routers have been bouncing as they upgrade all this week.  A lot of places
will be putting the fixes in place during windows this weekend.

And some 30% of the routers won't ever get upgraded.  We're going to be finding
vulnerable routers on eBay for years.

See Eric Rescorla's paper on how fast the OpenSSL vulnerabilities of a while ago
were actually fixed: