Re: I need a portable /24 not attached to any sub-domain or anythingelse subject to attack

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Tue Jul 15 14:08:47 2003

Henry Linneweh wrote:

I simply would like to borrow this /24 if you are not going to use in the near and distant future or ever for that matter.
It can not be attached to any subdomain and or any or part of any routing table,
this would most helpful in the development of methods to prevent ddos and dos.
Hmmm. Have you talked with ARIN? I hear they have IP addresses that you can borrow. Perhaps your provider might loan you one, or if not routing it, would private addressing not work?

-jack