Unique AS

  • From: Adonaylo, Gabriel
  • Date: Sun Jul 13 21:49:08 2003

Hello All,

First of all, forgive my English writting please!

I work for an Internet Carrier in Argentina which is in process of
reorganizing its regional operations. We are also serving in other
countries in South America.

We currently have one AS per country and we are looking forward to
migrate to a unique AS for all the organizations.

Could anyone describe pros and cons of having a unique AS for this
kind of networks rather than having one AS for each country. Regardless of
the cons, we are facing migration process anytime soon, so I would
appreciate very much to get more pros than cons to include in my papers
which are almost finished!

I would also be glad if you share your experience about this migration
process. That is the real value of your answers.

Thanks for your time.

Regards, Gabriel.