Re: Backbone Infrastructure and Secrecy

  • From: Eric Kuhnke
  • Date: Thu Jul 10 10:01:07 2003

I stand corrected, last I saw any information on the bunker was well over a year ago.

My opinion is that business continuity/disaster recovery customers can save money by using two separate commercial grade facilities in widely spaced cities (for example, London UK and Frankfurt DE), rather than going for a "all the eggs in one basket" approach.  Whereas major commercial exchange points will have a large selection of carriers, government and military bunkers are usually far from any major city centre.

Attack-trained guard dogs?  Two ton doors?  It's all very impressive when showing off to potential clients (or in novels such as Cryptonomicon), but also very useless in the real world.  :-)