Missle Silos (was: Backbone Infrastructure and Secrecy)

  • From: John Osmon
  • Date: Wed Jul 09 23:26:16 2003

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Eric Kuhnke wrote:
>
> In the US, American Tower is/was liquidating a number of cold war era
> ex-AT&T blast-proof sites.  They are all in need of an upgrade, but the
> basics are there (underground, multiple layers of concrete, blast doors,
> etc.  Even "blast toilets".  I'm surprised some enterprising/paranoid soul
> has not snatched a few of these up and converted them into secure offsite
> storage.  Even without diverse routes, you can ensure safe data storage.

Keep your data in Roswell!

  http://albany.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2003/03/31/story3.html

Only bad part, is the ILEC doesn't have the facility to bring
T1s to the site (let alone anything bigger).  They are, however, about
1/2 mile from the border of one of the independents -- I believe they're
being served via some type of wireless.