Re: Why can't I default Originate?

  • From: Haesu
  • Date: Tue Jul 08 17:39:38 2003

Well, the idea of peer-group is to.. as what the name sugests 'group' the peers into a single and simple configuration.. Default route origination to a peer although may be specific to a neighbor like in your situation, is still a configuration for peering neighbor; hence making it possible to be grouped into peer-group commands.

But.. whether or not default-originate goes in seperate peer config or peer-group config I guess is debatable. In application for my network, I find default-originate feature under peer-group useful; as I originate default route to some aggregation switches in route-reflector client peer group.

-hc

--
Sincerely,
  Haesu C.