Re: Mark Allman: Internet measurement: what next?

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Tue Jul 08 15:58:48 2003

Matt Levine wrote:
Gomez seems to be trying to do this, with a monetary incentive:

http://www.porivo.com/peernetwork/jsp/index.jsp

Test is narrowed to webserver performance and is limited in the actual test methods. From what I can tell, it says nothing about network performance except in the most general aspects (I can download a page from network X faster than network Y). Since it is testing webservers and workload is provided by a central site, there is no peer to peer interaction or discovery. The RIPE-NNC tests are much more related to what I was refering to, although they are limited in many reguards.

-Jack