Backbone Infrastructure and Secrecy

  • From: Adam Kujawski
  • Date: Tue Jul 08 11:31:41 2003

NANOG's Sean Gorman is in the news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23689-2003Jul7.html

I would find GIS like the one described *very* usefull in finding transport
providers. If I could see who has what where, I would know who to go to for
quotes. As it stands, most of this information is hard to get ahold of.

Who, besides Sean, has maps like this? The state PUC? If so, is that
information available to the public? Do you have to go thorugh a background
check and/or sign an NDA? Or is it only the providers themselves that have the
maps for this stuff?

-Adam