Re: National Do Not Call Registry has opened

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Mon Jun 30 12:07:37 2003

In message <[email protected]>, Tomas Daniska <[email protected]> writes
<quote>
Q: If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

A: No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls. Some businesses are exempt
from the national registry and still can call you even if you place your number on it. Exempt businesses include:

long-distance phone companies
airlines
banks and credit unions; and
the business of insurance, to the extent that it is regulated by state law.
All the above text has now disappeared from their site !
--
Roland Perry, LINX