RE: DNS announcement question (take 2)

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Sat Jun 28 13:21:28 2003

OK, I seem to have missed identifying a finer point.

Both registrars (old and new) also host the DNS records for the domain
(actually several domains).  My question is which registrar (both are fully
configured) will ultimately win at the root server, and how is this
determined?

The mail and web servers are up and running, and their IP addresses are not
going to change.  I just want to guarantee that when the account on
registrar ABC is fully removed that registrar XYZ will begin DNS
announcements to the root servers.

Thank you for the responses so far, as well as the pointers to additional
info/faq/rfc/etc.

-Jim P.