Re: National Do Not Call Registry has opened

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 20:39:57 2003

While it's possible to make many comments about "how things could
have been done better" on this project, I want to take the time to
commend you for taking time to ask the question.  Many "big company"
and/or "big government" projects happen all the time, with no one
even asking the community for input or assistance.  So, while the
roll out was not trouble free, your very public effort to help is
a step above for this type of project.

I do hope the efforts to make this service more RFC and BCP friendly,
as well as doing generally "good things" will continue.  While I'm
sure here many think they could do a better job, which may even be
true for some specific issues, the challenges of launching a service
under a government contract are large, and only compounded by it
being the lead story on nearly every new network.

Now, if only congress, the FTC, and the FCC could do for spam what
they are doing for the telephone.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org