RE: Spam and "following the money"

  • From: Justin Shore
  • Date: Sat Jun 21 20:22:31 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Jay Hennigan wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Lars Higham wrote:
>
> > Joe,
> >
> > While I agree with all of your points individually, I would say that
> > only one of them doesn't work for 'following the money'.  This one being
> > the pump-and-dump.  Everything else involves a sale of some sort -
>
> Send those to "[email protected]".  They work quietly and in the
> background, but they carry an impressive mallet.

I prefer to call it a cluestick but whatever floats your boat will work.
:)  I especially like option number 5 under "SECURITY THREATS" in man 8
syslogd.

Additional reporting addresses:

FDA	[email protected]
Send all food and drug (pharmacueticals) complaints here.  ie,
weight-loss products, sexual stimulants and enhancements, etc..

FTC	[email protected]
Bounce *all* spam here.  Period.

SEC	[email protected]
Send all stock scams here.

Pyramid/Ponzi scams	[email protected], [email protected]
Send these jewels to these folks if they use the USPS.

Nigerian Money Scams/419 Scams [email protected]
Send these to the US Secret Service.  Also, if you're feeling bored and
want to give a 419 scammer the run around, respond to them with your
telephone number ((202) 406-5850) and fax number ((202) 406-5031).  Tell
them how overjoyed you are to be helping them with their financial
problems.  Take note that the numbers above are for the United States
Secret Service, Financial Crimes Division. :)

It my understanding that some people send their 419 complaints to the
Nigerian Police at these addresses:

[email protected], [email protected]

It was my understanding that the many actual members of the Nigerian
government are involved in these scams so YMMV and of course I could be
wrong.

Justin