Re: OT: question re. the Volume of unwanted email (fwd)

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Thu Jun 19 15:43:45 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Jack Bates wrote:

> Andy Dills wrote:
> > How do you get your mail delivery attempts to occur so linearly? :)
> >
> > I think something's busted with your mrtg script...
> >

> Depends on which stats he wants. He's showing the total since midnight
> in the graph instead of the count since the last run.

Yeah, mea culpa :)

Don't know why you have your graphs set up that way, unless you have no
other way of reporting aggregate scores for the day...

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html

"In the absence of 'gauge' or 'absolute' options, MRTG treats variables as
counters and calculates the difference between the current and the
previous value and divides that by the elapsed time between the last two
readings to get the value to be plotted."

Sounds like you have 'gauge" option set where you shouldn't...unless that
is exactly how you want the graphs to behave, in which case I'll shut up
and respect your right to run mrtg any way you want. :)

Andy

---
Andy Dills
Xecunet, Inc.