RE: Rescheduled: P2P file sharing national security and personalsecurity risks

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Sat Jun 14 15:06:53 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, McBurnett, Jim wrote:

> Do we take the bad with the good? do we allow P2P when it can create
> security issues?

Who cares about P2P?  Hasn't malware like Outlook Express been responsible
for far more information leakage than P2P software?  I'll run Acquisition
on my machine long before I'd even think of touching Outlook.

The *only* reason this is being looked at as a security measure is because
the RIAA and MPAA have convinced everyone that P2P = Anarchy, and Anarchy
leads to planes flying into buildings.

A rational person could come up with a much better reason to investigate
whether MS should be allowed to be used at the Pentagon, the CIA, and in
the battlefield instead of wasting time chasing the Napster ghost.

Charles