RE: AS-701 multihop BGP peering session?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jun 11 16:07:56 2003

	I don't believe that AS701 does it.  I seem to recall this from
> hearing about some very complicated process that had to be completed
> for route-views.oregon-ix.net to get their AS701 feed.
>
> 	This may no longer be the case but seeings as the feed isn't
> there anymore, i'm guessing they still don't do this.

I know for a fact that it can be done. I have had this set up with AS701
when we were a customer (>4 years ago). Everything about our set up with
them was very specific and broke a lot of their rules because of the kind of
usage we were putting on them -- they made a lot of exceptions for us. I am
sure none of the guys that were helpful then are still there now, and
moreover, I am not sure if it was because of our size that they were able to
make the exception. I am just chiming in because I know that the exception
has been made on more than one occassion for us. In fact, we have had BGP
views (EBGP-multihop) from several core routers backhauled to us at
different times, and for different reasons. This is all ancient history
though.

Deepak Jain
AiNET