Re: AS-701 multihop BGP peering session?

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Wed Jun 11 10:34:27 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:25:14AM -0400, Jeffrey Haas wrote:

> I hate using NANOG as a NOC of last resort, but it looks like this is
> my best option.
>
> We recently migrated our IP connectivity to UU-Net/MCI/whatever you
> want to call them these days.  I've migrated the majority of our
> BGP topology collection feeds to the new IP space (anyone want to give
> us your routes?) and decided that now we're a UU-Net customer, I'd
> try to get a feed from UU-Net.
>
> Apparently they only want to feed our border router, not the
> route collection host.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions on who to deal with at UU-Net that might
> have a little more clue on this type of situation, it would be appreciated.

	I don't believe that AS701 does it.  I seem to recall this from
hearing about some very complicated process that had to be completed
for route-views.oregon-ix.net to get their AS701 feed.

	This may no longer be the case but seeings as the feed isn't
there anymore, i'm guessing they still don't do this.

	Make your cpe router speak bgp with them, then have that peer
with your collector.

	- jared