Re: Internet routes in Gobal Routing Table or in a VRF ?

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Sat Jun 07 23:09:55 2003

The biggest benefit to using a VRF as I see it is that
you will help prevent accidental redistribution of
internet routes to VPN customers.  Biggest downside:
$VENDOR_C and $VENDOR_R SEs will tell you that their
boxen will croak if you do it.  Solution: $VENDOR_J
does support it.

-David Barak

--- [email protected] wrote:

> Hello again,
> Another question for BGP VPN  experts.
> If you provide Internet access and VPN service on
> the same MPLS Core
> network,
> what are the pro and cons to transport in the core
> the public internet
> routes (the full 120.000 prefixes)
> as VPN-V4 prefixes and announce them through a VRF
> rather than as common
> global routes ?
> What are the trends in terms of security vs memory
> vs stability ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

=====
David Barak