RE: pool.ntp.org NTP servers

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Sat Jun 07 18:19:58 2003

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Ejay Hire wrote:
> I was thinking about the not the closest-server problem today, and
> realized this is a good application for BGP-DNS
> http://www.enyo.de/fw/software/bgpdns/  Making it possible to look at
> the reqeustor's network location and retrun the "closest" servers.

I did a little writeup of something along these lines a few months back
when pool.ntp.org first came up. I've not had a chance to develop it yet
however.

http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/2003/0203.html

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: [email protected]
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: [email protected]