Re: Best Practices for Loopback addressing (Core routers & VPN CPE)

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Fri Jun 06 13:53:32 2003

Consider the situation where you have a peer or customer who needs to do
ebgp multihop peering from loopback to loopback. This happens
infrequently, but it does happen. You need public IP address space to
(reasonably) make this work. I know you are assuming this won't happen,
but the day you need to provision two OC-12s to the same provider or peer,
and want to load balance them effectively...

Thanks,
Dan