Re: Fast TCP?

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Thu Jun 05 06:21:24 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:41:22PM -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:
> causes far more severe problems. Since RED causes packet drops, high speed
> streams that get RED'd are in an immense world of pain. Further, since a

In some experience I've had RED did not cause drops.  In fact, I have
some data showing how drops increased without RED.

  <http://condor.depaul.edu/~jkristof/red/>

I'd like to see (or actually perform them myself if I could :-) some
actual tests.  If anyone has any updated data doing AQM on high speed
links or large streams, please post pointers.

John