Re: About the address allocation convention between ISPs

  • From: Teng Fei
  • Date: Wed Jun 04 13:14:59 2003

Dear Mr. Wayrynen,

Thank you very much for your reply.  What do you mean by "unnumbered
interfaces"?  Also  could you please confirm my question that if the
customer's address block  was not obtained from the provider, it is also a
convention that the  provider will provider the /30 address for the
inter-domain link?

>From the replys, it seems to me that there is no way to tell which
link is indeed the inter-domain link, if the two ASes are peers.  But for
customer-providers, I can guess with confidence.  Could I get these
information from the IPSes' or PoP's website, about who are their
customers/peers?  And how exactly the addresses were assigned?

Sincerely

Teng