Re: About the address allocation convention between ISPs

  • From: Teng Fei
  • Date: Wed Jun 04 13:06:31 2003

Dear Mr. Fort,

Thank you very much for your help!  But there are cases the ISPs are
providing connectivity, albeit the address block of the customer was not
obtained from the provider.  For example, my university use Cable and
Wireless as the commercial provider but our address was not assigned by
C&W.  In such as case, is the interface addresses at both ends of the
interdomain link also assigned by the larger ISP?

Sincerely

Teng