Re: AC/AC power conversion for datacenters

  • From: Christopher X. Candreva
  • Date: Tue Jun 03 16:07:13 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Matthew Zito wrote:

> This is marginally related to the power discussions earlier, but does
> anyone know of a product that steps up 120V AC to 220V AC and is
> reasonably datacenter-friendly?  We're looking at an environment where
> there's no 220V available - but we only need ~7 amps so conversion could

You don't mention why you need this -- as someone mentioned, 220v/7a is
110v/14a.

If this is a piece of electronic equipment, it may be cheaper to simply
replace the power supply with a 110 supply.

If it's something with a 220v motor, you might want to make sure that it
isn't also looking for 3 phase power.  (Not that I really know the
difference -- just enough to know it's something to watch out for).

-Chris

Chris Candreva  -- [email protected] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/