Re: AC/AC power conversion for datacenters

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Tue Jun 03 15:54:59 2003

On Tue Jun 03, 2003 at 08:48:45PM +0100, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> Depends on your hardware obviously but I suspect it'll be cheaper to replace the
> PSU with one of the same voltage as the supply than messing with ups etc

As you say, depends on the hardware, but take for example the Cisco GSR
where the AC PSU only comes with a 220V option - not a problem for us in
the UK, but more hassle for putting the routers in the USA. Of course, DC
is an option, but high-amppage DC scares me ;-)

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart         |   Tel: +44 (0)1628 407720 (x37720) | Si fractum
Technology Manager     |   Fax: +44 (0)1628 407701 (x37701) | non sit, noli