Re: Pesky spammers are using my mailbox

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Tue Jun 03 14:58:28 2003

Dominic J. Eidson wrote:
I'm having a feeling that someone harvested a bunch of adresses, possibly
from NANOG, and is using them as the sender address in pretend-to-be KLEZ
spams.. I have received several bounces lately, several of them appearing
to be KLEZ, all with me as the original sender - and yet, there's no
chance I was ever infected with KLEZ (No windows boxes here...)

The nature of KLEZ is that it spoofs the sender address. Anyone infected with KLEZ or one of the variants and on NANOG will likely send out klez spoofing as NANOG posters.

-Jack