Re: Non-GPS derived timing sources (was Re: NTp sources that work in a datacenter)

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Mon Jun 02 12:06:56 2003

In message <[email protected]>, N. Richard Solis <[email protected]> writes
You can go out and get yourself a nice Cesium source (like the ones
in orbit) that will give you an accurate clock pulse with Stratum 1
quality.  Cost: about 45K.
LINX has three of these, with a view to providing a good source of NTP time in London, in a co-location facility which just happens to be on the meridian, and whose roof we found accessible...

We encourage all our members, where appropriate, to use this local source of time.

http://www.linx.net/press/releases/046.thtml
--
Roland Perry | tel: +44 20 7645 3505 | [email protected]
Director of Public Policy | fax: +44 20 7645 3529 | http://www.linx.net