Re: Pesky spammers are using my mailbox

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Sat May 31 21:27:39 2003

Hi, Stephen.

]  seems some spammers are using one of my personal domains as the
] from field in their emails...

This is also happening to one of my domains.  The spam advertised
two web sites, one in Brasil and the other in China.  I attempted
to contact these folks, but the domain in China doesn't accept
inbound email.  :/  The hosts used to send the mail are all hacked
Windows boxes.

I notified all of the ISPs that had hacked hosts, but decided to
focus my energy on the two sites being advertised.  I'm not
accusing them of launching the Joe Job, but I doubt a spammer
would randomly advertise these sites.  Perhaps these two sites
hired a shady marketing group.  Anyway, this is really all I could
do.  The spam never uses my resources, except for the bounces.  I
share your pain.  :(

] PS Anyone around at the Sheraton today.. I cant spot anyone looking
] nanogish!

I just arrived, and I look pretty darn NANOGish if I do say so
myself.  :)

Thanks,
Rob.
--