Re: dnsbl's? - an informal survey

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Fri May 30 15:20:21 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 [email protected] wrote:

> Pretty much all the dialup lists contain dynamically assigned DSL/cable
> IPs as well.
>
> I don't have a problem with rejecting a 56k modem user with one of those
> lists.  Even I'm leary about rejecting mail from DSL/cable customers in
> the same manner.  Yes they shoud SmartHost to their provider.  There are
> lots of times when that isn't feasible.

Dialup is a good throw-away, as is cable.  DSL gets a bit more
interesting, as you have "upscale" ADSL services, like Speakeasy, that
give out static IPs and they tend to attract people who wish to run
servers at home.  Now a list that canned dialup, cable, and most dynamic
IP DSL, that would be just peachy.  But from where I sit, I'm still seeing
lots of junk from other sources, usually overseas, and lately a good deal
of domestic from co-lo providers that don't enforce their AUPs.

Charles