RE: IANA reserved Address Space

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Fri May 30 10:20:45 2003

Given that unallocated class A address space represents one of the biggest
chunks of remaining address space fairly likely...

you'll notice that 60/8 was assigned in april 03 to apnic, lacnic was
assigned 2 /8s in the last year and so forth...

On Fri, 30 May 2003 [email protected] wrote:

> But not to be a pest but what are the odds
> the IANA would ever allocate the 1 and 100
> nets to someone? Is this an unpredictable
> matter or is there a schedule of what's
> next somewhere? Or which is more likely, the
> world adopts IP v6 or the 1 and 100 nets
> are deployed on the internet? :-) It is
> apparent that I really want to use these
> address ranges but I do need to grapple
> with the possibility that this lab will
> need internet connectivity at some point.

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   [email protected]
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but