Re: UPS failure modes (was: fire at NAC)

  • From: Pete Ehlke
  • Date: Thu May 29 18:12:15 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 04:29:13PM -0400, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> I have no direct experience with MGE, but I recall several multi-hour
> outages in Jersey City Exodus, that I think had something to do with MGE

Correct. There were, if I recall correctly, a total of five in a short
period, including two in one night. To be fair, the second of those was
human error, the result of aggressive management pushing hard against
engineering recommendations at three in the morning when folks were
already hyped up on adrenaline and lack of sleep from the first.

That was when Exodus lost my business forever.

> systems. I don't recall if that was human error, or not. Another negative
> there, for me, is that they are French.

*snicker*

-Pete