RE: fire at NAC

  • From: Todd Mitchell - lists
  • Date: Wed May 28 12:39:11 2003

EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION from NET ACCESS CORPORATION

We are still gathering information, but it appears there was a small
fire in the 3rd floor DSR room, which resulted in a loss of power. Our
FM-200 fire suppressant worked as planned and immediately kicked in. The
entire building has been evacuated at this time and the fire department
is onsite.

We are very fortunate that no one was inside the DSR room during this
event. Net Access Corporation will continue to update this page as more
information is gathered.

UPDATE - 11:39am EDT: power to our core networking gear
(gbr1.oct.nac.net and msfc1.oct.nac.net) has been restored. Customers in
our site A collocation should now have normal network reach ability to
their servers. Our technicians are working on restoring power to
atm1.oct.nac.net and cust3.oct.nac.net now.

UPDATE - 11:33am EDT: Power to atm1.oct.nac.net and cust3.oct.nac.net
has been restored.

Of