Re: [ifl.net #3657] Contact at: DNSRBL / Namesystems

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Tue May 27 23:18:59 2003
On 27 May 2003, John R. Levine wrote:

> > Despite attempts to contact DNSRBL / Namesystems I'm not receiving
> > any response at all - has anyone on the list any useful contacts?
> > (www.dnsrbl.com) - please reply off list.
>
> I know a lot of DNSBLs, and I've never heard of this one before, nor
> do I know anyone who uses it.

I've heard of it...can't remember why.  Perhaps just that they popped up
in http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/cbc.html which I check from time to
time.  I haven't had the opportunity to look at their site much since it
does "Evil $hit"(TM) that doesn't render in Netscape for Linux and locks
up Opera for Linux.  I had to use Konqueror just now to see their site.

> If someone's using to block mail and you care about sending mail to
> that recieipient, I'd be more inclined to call the receipient and
> suggest he or she use some more competently run DNSBLs.

Or just ask them to whitelist you, but it is kind of annoying that dnsrbl
would list your server as a spam source, without making any evidence
available on their site suggesting what caused them to form that opinion.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |