Re: [ifl.net #3657] Contact at: DNSRBL / Namesystems

  • From: Mark Vevers
  • Date: Tue May 27 12:20:12 2003

Justin,

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 16:51, [email protected] wrote:
> I've checked all 3 MXs listed for vevers.net and none of them are listed
> in any DNSBLs I can see, including dnsrbl.net.
I work for an ISP - we have a number of mail exchangers - my domain is not
on the affected server .... and the particular server (194.238.48.13) is
still listed.

> I hate to ask the obvious but did you follow the instructions for removal
> on this page?    http://www.dnsrbl.net/getremoved.html
Of course  ....  twice.

Anyone on the list care to comment on the most effective way to get their
mailservers taken off unresponsive RBL's? (other than not let them be on there
in the first place).  We think we know how this one happened but it would be
nice to know so that we can be sure we've plugged the hole - we were never
even informed that the server and had been listed in the first place - we
found out the hard way. I do think that RBL's operators ought to at least
respond to legitimate attempts to clear up issue.

Regards
Mark
--
Mark Vevers.
Principal Internet Engineer, Internet for Learning,