Re: European equivalent of Equinix?

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue May 20 09:11:39 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Subhi S Hashwa wrote:

> Monday, May 19, 2003, 11:24:39 PM, Steve wrote:
>
> > We're looking at opening our first European datacenter.
>
> I am bit surprised nobody has mentioned redbus yet.
> http://www.interhouse.redbus.com/
>
> There is also scolocate in Edinburgh, Scotland
> http://www.scolocate.com (flash only website)
> Locating in Scotland is always a good excuse to "sample" the local
> wiskys too :)

Europe being quite large perhaps this can be better answered with a specific
city in mind?

Theres a lot of neutral centres but watch out, many are not that well fibred
out.. make sure you have the carriers there that you need. Also keep an eye out
for someone who's stable .. a few have gone bankrupt and others may still follow
and unlike in the US when a company goes bankrupt theres no safety net ch11, its
just switch off and asset sale.

Personally I'd use Telehouse or Telecity..

Steve