Re: BGP Path Filtering

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Fri May 16 20:19:21 2003

In a message written on Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:10:22PM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:
> I said *EVERY* network prefix from *EVERY* source.  I didn't limit it to
> just customers.  ANS also filtered peers.

Mea Culpa.

Of course, we see where that got ANS.

I'd be content if even half the provides out there filtered half
their customers.  That would be a quantum leap forward from today.

I can think of more than a few "Tier 1" ISP's that allow a filter
of "as-path ^custasn.*$" and call that a filter.  *sigh*

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org