Re: BGP Path Filtering

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Fri May 16 20:09:33 2003

In a message written on Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:00:00PM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:
> Large ISPS (more than 500 eBGP neighbors and 5000 prefixes) are going to

MFN / AboveNet qualifies as a "large ISP" by your definition, yet:

> sufficient). ANS was the only major commercial provider I knew which
> explicitly configured BGP announcement filters for every network prefix
> from every source.  According to studies, about 70% of large ISPs

We prefix-list filter all of our customers.  We have from time to
time made an exception due to route limits, or people limits, but
we still exceed 99% of our customers are fully prefix-list filtered
on all inbound announcements.  It's not that hard.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org