Re: We have a firewall (was Re: Pakistan government ordersISP service level agreement)

  • From: Rob Pickering
  • Date: Wed May 07 14:54:32 2003

--On 07 May 2003 12:05 +0100 "Stephen J. Wilcox" <[email protected]> wrote:
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

The Pakistan Telecommunications Company Ltd has aquired a firewall
to solve the DDOS situation impacting Internet service in the
I know we're all entertained by this quite unbelievable situation
but is anyone  actually helping these folks out?

They seem to have issued an ITT if anyone is interested:
http://www.ptcl.com.pk/tenders/tender_may_02_2003.html

BTW, the firewall may be more than a response to DDOS, it seems that Pakistan doesn't have a fully liberalised telecomms infrastructure yet: http://www.ptcl.com.pk/news/apr_30_b_2003.html

--
Rob.