Re: We have a firewall (was Re: Pakistan government orders ISPservice level agreement)

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Wed May 07 07:07:15 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

> The Pakistan Telecommunications Company Ltd has aquired a firewall to
> solve the DDOS situation impacting Internet service in the country.  An
> unnamed security advisor asserted the proper use of a firewall would
> control the DDOS attacks and prevent hacking.
>
> I can understand the Pakistan government minister's frustration, and
> desire to get things fixed.  Unfortunately, it seems like security
> incidents also attract security snake oil consultants.  Buy my tonic
> to cure your ills.

I know we're all entertained by this quite unbelievable situation but is anyone
actually helping these folks out?

Someone on here must have a link to the Telecoms company concerned and theres
plenty folks on here who can help get this cleaned up nice and quick.. ?

Perhaps anyone with a contact over there should make themselves known and
solicit for a helpful techie (to respond offlist, I dont want flaming for
starting a consulting agency here :)

Steve