dns servers responding w/ nxdomain for aaaa/any queries

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Thu May 01 12:51:27 2003

	Does someone know where some good resources are to
help people that have misconfigured dns servers that respond to
NXDOMAIN for ANY or AAAA dns queries?  One of the financial
institutions that I do business with needs some technical clue as
in the past 24 hours they've managed to make their dns/website go away.

	Believe it or not there was someone with clue that answered
the number listed in whois, I am just looking for a good set of
information to pass along to them to help explain the issue.

	Preferably some help with the EAG-2001-10-15 dns server
if anyone knows what that is.

version.bind.           0S CHAOS TXT    "EAG-2001-10-15"

	Thanks,

	- Jared