Re: Re: Get as much IP space as you ever dreamed of, was: Re: Looking to buy IPv4 addresses from class C swamp

  • From: todd glassey
  • Date: Thu May 01 07:00:56 2003

Stephen -
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <[email protected]>
To: "todd glassey" <[email protected]>
Cc: "Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSLS" <[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Get as much IP space as you ever dreamed of, was: Re:
Looking to buy IPv4 addresses from class C swamp

> On Tue, 27 May 2003, todd glassey wrote:
>

> > What I dont understand is the need to stay 1:1 routable. Most all of you
> > larger ISP's could have your own private IP Space by simply running a
NAT'd
> > infrastructure. Why not do it for all your customers?
>
> And what if you want to host a webserver or mailserver?

What about it? - You set common external-DNS on the customer facing side to
refer that address to the tunnel manager and the TM then takes care of the
packet's rewriting. Or did I miss something here?

As to public publishing, create a virtual server on a set of the ISP's well
known addresses and stack the servers up. What's the problem?

> Why stop there, what about with local exchanges in the PSTN, you could put
all
> towns on their own extension based PBX and save time in having to allocate
phone
> numbers..

Right!